McDermott Will & Emery is a leading global law firm helping to propel the success of today’s most respected, dynamic, and important organizations. More than 1,200 lawyers strong, we bring our personal passion and legal prowess to bear in every matter for our clients and the people they serve. Pride and determination abound here because every member of our team is respected, supported, and inspired to exceed. We have been recognized as a top firm to work by The American Lawyer, Working Mother Magazine, Vault, and the Human Rights Campaign for both lawyers and business professionals.
McDermott+ Consulting (McDermottPlus) is a Washington DC-based healthcare consulting and data analytics firm, serving a wide range of clients including health systems, physician groups, health plans, diagnostic manufacturers, and other healthcare clients.
McDermottPlus is seeking a Healthcare Data Analyst experienced in working with healthcare data, specifically analyzing Medicare claims data and other datasets from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The Healthcare Data Analyst will support clients and consultants with ongoing data analytics support as our clients’ needs expand in a changing environment that includes payment reform, measuring quality of care, and achieving cost efficiencies in care delivery.
A key function of McDermott+Consulting is leveraging quantitative data and expertise to facilitate understanding and to shape client response to federal health policy developments. The healthcare data analyst will support these efforts through their health policy subject matter expertise and ability to analyze healthcare data sets in SAS and Microsoft Excel.
Ideal candidates are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple project deadlines, have independent problem solving skills and can work collaboratively in a team environment.
As part of our ongoing commitment to be #AlwaysBetter for our people, clients, and communities, we have created a culture of belonging that champions your individuality and authenticity as both a person and a professional. From our competitive compensation, top benefits and award-winning professional development programs to industry-leading wellness initiatives, we support you through every stage of your life and career so you can live a life you love both in and outside of the office.
As a Healthcare Data Analyst you will:
– Work with Medicare claims limited datasets and other healthcare datasets to inform business and policy strategy recommendations for clients
– Help conceptualize and implement the scope of quantitative/programming projects for clients
– Support articles, thought pieces, analysis and summaries on policy developments, including legislation, executive orders, and regulations with quantitative analysis as requested
– Participate in firm business development and marketing activities including proposal and pitch writing, product development, relationship building and other activities as requested
– Work with other McDermottPlus staff as part of a cross-functional team to deliver results to clients
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, business, economics, mathematics, statistics, public policy, public health, or other related fields
– Advanced degree preferred
– SAS programming experience
– Experience analyzing Medicare claims data
– Experience interpreting statistical output and analyses
– Ability to manage high-priority projects simultaneously
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
– Strong analytic, research and writing skills
– Strong presentation skills
– Familiarity with major healthcare industry stakeholders (associations, advocates, and government agencies).
– Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our McDermott workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of COVID-19, we require that members of our McDermott workforce be fully vaccinated. At this time we are not asking you to provide any information about your current vaccination status, whether you would seek a medical or religious accommodation to the policy, or for any other medical information. We are only notifying you of the policy if you are interested in moving forward with the application process. Policy applies to locations where local ordinances do not prevent COVID-19 vaccination mandates.
Successful candidates will be provided with outstanding career opportunities and will receive a competitive total rewards package with the opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses.
Expected Pay Range in Los Angeles & Orange County $92,000 – $167,000
Expected Pay Range in San Francisco & Silicon Valley $105,000 – $190,000
Expected Pay Range in New York $101,000 – $183,000
Please note that quoted salary ranges are not guarantees of what final salary offers may be. Base pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay is only one part of the Total Rewards that MWE provides to compensate and recognize our staff professionals for their work. Full time positions are eligible for a discretionary bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
#LI – JL1
#LI – Hybrid